Blog & News
We pay attention to the latest news on the product trend of kitchen utensils and continue to develop new products suitable for the market
How to deal with rusty cast iron pot
Views: 56 Author: China CHANGWEN Cookware Publish Time: 11/30/2023 Origin: https://www.cookwarecw.com
1. Grinding method. If the cast iron pan is rusty, you can directly polish it with sandpaper. If you are afraid of damaging the coating on the surface of the cast iron pan, you can add some cooking oil and heat it slightly before polishing it, so that the moisture level will be higher. Grinding the rusted parts of the cast iron pan with sandpaper is better for small areas of rust. If the rust is extensive, it is recommended to replace the pan with a new one.
2. Vinegar burning method: After heating the cast iron pot, turn off the heat and pour white vinegar into the pot. Cover the cast iron pot and soak it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, uncover the pot and wipe the inside of the cast iron pot with a dish towel. Any rusty areas can be wiped off. If you don’t have white vinegar at home, you can use mature vinegar instead, but you need to soak it for five minutes longer.
3. For the lard method, you must first prepare fatty pork. Note that it must be meat with a lot of fat. After heating the cast iron pot, put the fat pork into the pot, slowly heat the fat pork over medium heat, wait for 1 to 2 minutes to boil out the lard, turn off the heat and let it cool for 1 to 3 hours, then use dishwashing liquid to clean the cast iron pot. Just wash it clean.
JIANGMEN CHANGWEN COOKWARE & KITCHENWARE CO., LTD. is a high-tech enterprise integrating the research and development, manufacturing, export trade and independent brand sales of stainless steel cookware. Its products are exported to more than 100 countries and regions including Europe and the United States, and it is one of the world’s important suppliers of stainless steel products. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything!
- What is Surgical Stainless Steel Cookware?
- What is 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware?
- The Ultimate Guide: Where to Buy Large Stainless Steel Steamers
- Stainless Steel Cookware Manufacturers
- Cast Iron Cookware Manufacturers
- How much does a three-layer steamer cost and how to choose one?
- What Materials are Used in Frying Pans, and Which are Good?
- What material is good for stainless steel frying pan?
- Features of Capsule Bottom Stainless Steel Cookware
- What is the difference between stainless steel 18/8, 18/10, 304, and 306
- The Most Important Step in the Nonstick Frying Pan Manufacturing Process
- where is stainless steel frying pan manufactured
- Explore the Differences Between Cheap and Expensive Stainless Steel Cookware
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Chinese Cookware
- Why choose 180/8 material for stainless steel cookware?
- What are the purchasing channels for cookware in Mexico?
- Opening a cookware store in Mexico, how to purchase goods
- Why choose stainless steel cookware when exporting to Mexico?
- A Deep Dive into Stainless Steel Cookware: Comparing 304, 316, 430 and Three-layer Stainless Steel Pots
- A Comprehensive Guide to Cookware Materials and Their Pros and Cons