Blog & News
We pay attention to the latest news on the product trend of kitchen utensils and continue to develop new products suitable for the market
These 6 “bad habits” will hurt stainless steel pots
Views: 188 Author: China CHANGWEN Cookware Publish Time: 09/15/2022 Origin: https://www.cookwarecw.com
Many people will use stainless steel pots in their homes. It has many advantages, such as fast heat conduction, easy maintenance, and even heating. However, if the method is used incorrectly, it may be damaged, thereby shortening its service life. Among them, the stainless steel pot has been used for a long time and found that these 6 “bad habits” make it easy to turn yellow and black and difficult to clean.
1. Wash the pot with cold water before it cools down
After using a stainless steel pan, wait until the pan is completely cool before cleaning it. If the pot has not cooled down, put it directly into the sink and wash it with cold water, which may cause cracks or deformation of the stainless steel pot.
Many people now have dishwashers in their homes. For convenience, kitchen utensils are like to be thrown into the dishwasher for automatic cleaning. However, the cleaning time of the dishwasher is generally longer, ranging from 1 hour to 2 hours. The temperature inside is also relatively high, and in the process of use, more detergent needs to be poured, so it is possible to The surface of the stainless steel pan causes rust.
Therefore, it is recommended to use a soft cleaning cloth such as a loofah to clean the stainless steel pot. Do not use a material as hard as a steel ball to brush the pot, which will easily cause many scratches on the surface of the pot.
3. Add salt to cold water
During the use of the stainless steel pot, when the pot is still cold water, do not add salt, because this may cause many small potholes on the surface of the pot, and it is not easy to restore. Therefore, it is more appropriate to wait until the water in the pot is boiled and add salt.
4. The scale in the pot has not been removed
I usually use a stainless steel pot to boil water. After a long time, I will find that there will be a layer of white scale on the bottom of the pot. Once this happens, clean it in time, otherwise it will affect the heat conduction efficiency of the stainless steel pot, and it will take a long time. The longer it is, the harder it will be to clean these scales later.
As for the cleaning method of limescale, you can pour water and white vinegar into the pot, the ratio is 3:1, then boil the water, turn off the heat and soak for a while, wait for the pot to cool down, and clean it with detergent. .
5. After washing the pot, do not dry the water
After cleaning the stainless steel pot every time, use a clean rag or kitchen towel to wipe the water in the pot, so that scale is not easy to appear. Moreover, it does not take time to directly dry the water in the pot, it can be done in one or two minutes, and it takes a long time to wait for it to dry or drain naturally. The key is that drying the water in the pot in time has a significant effect on delaying the appearance of scale.
6. The scorch marks are not removed in time
If the stainless steel pot has burnt marks, clean it up before using it again. Because the burnt area is often easy to rust, if you continue to use it without cleaning it, it will soon become yellow and black.
The method of cleaning scorch marks is also very simple. Pour an appropriate amount of water into the pot, soak the scorched area, and then pour an appropriate amount of baking soda into the pot. After the water becomes slightly white, turn on the fire and boil the water. , then continue to cook for about 5 minutes. During the cooking process, if the water is about to overflow, turn down the heat a little. After cooking, wait for the pot to cool down, and use the loofah to scrub the scorched areas, which will be cleaned quickly.
All in all, when using stainless steel pots, avoid the above 6 “bad habits”, which are easy to hurt the pot, make it yellow and black and difficult to clean.
For more about How to choose a stainless steel steamer pot?, you can go and visit to CHANGWEN COOKWAE China at https://www.cookwarecw.com/product for more info.
- What is Surgical Stainless Steel Cookware?
- What is 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware?
- The Ultimate Guide: Where to Buy Large Stainless Steel Steamers
- Stainless Steel Cookware Manufacturers
- Cast Iron Cookware Manufacturers
- How much does a three-layer steamer cost and how to choose one?
- What Materials are Used in Frying Pans, and Which are Good?
- What material is good for stainless steel frying pan?
- Features of Capsule Bottom Stainless Steel Cookware
- What is the difference between stainless steel 18/8, 18/10, 304, and 306
- The Most Important Step in the Nonstick Frying Pan Manufacturing Process
- where is stainless steel frying pan manufactured
- Explore the Differences Between Cheap and Expensive Stainless Steel Cookware
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Chinese Cookware
- Why choose 180/8 material for stainless steel cookware?
- What are the purchasing channels for cookware in Mexico?
- Opening a cookware store in Mexico, how to purchase goods
- Why choose stainless steel cookware when exporting to Mexico?
- A Deep Dive into Stainless Steel Cookware: Comparing 304, 316, 430 and Three-layer Stainless Steel Pots
- A Comprehensive Guide to Cookware Materials and Their Pros and Cons